Monday, July 12, 2010

Ray Harryhausen Hits 90!


Two weeks ago, one of my Childhood heroes reached 90. Ray Harryhausen, who created the very Special, Special effects for several Fantastic Films, reached this Ripe Ol Age. I Salute Mr. Harryhausen and am quite jealous that Ray has through his films, become Immortal. Several hundred years from now, someone will marvel at the adventures of Sinbad. Journey to Venus and bring a Ymir back to Earth. Search for the Golden Fleece with Jason etc. And as a thank you to Mr. Harryhausen, I restored this poster and present one of my favorite Earth getting Attacked films. The British Quad to EARTH VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS (1957). Oh, by the way Ray, next time I see you, say the word and I will do a perfect impersonation of Paul Frees providing the Alien voice from the film. John

No comments: